Home -> TouchCD
TouchCD is an example of Open Source Assistive Technology Software, or OATS. Find out more about OATS on the Fullmeasure.co.uk home page.
Plays a CD using a single switch for control.
TouchCD is a ultra simple CD player that is controlled using a single switch or the keyboard's space bar.
- Ultra simple, no visuals, just plays a cd. Press to play and press to stop;
- Allows simple control of music with minimum dexterity;
- Helps develop 'cause and effect' understanding;
- Helps to encourage the developement of switch skills;
- Works with a JoyCable USB switch adaptor;
- Plug in the switch into the red socket on the adapator;
- Plug the adaptor into the PC (you may need to say yes to any installation messages);
- Put an Audio CD in the primary CD drive;
- Run TouchCD program from desktop icon;
- To play the next track hit the switch once;
- To stop the track hit the switch again;
- To enter track preview mode hold the switch down for over 2 seconds. A 5 sec fragenment of each track is played until the switch is hit again, when the entire track is then played;
- Type the C key to enter continuous mode - plays one track after another. Type C again to turn it off. Can also be activated on startup with the --continuous command line option;
- Press Esc key or close the window to exit.;
If the switch does not work try uplugging and re-plugging it with the adapter left in the PC.
Downloads - Getting TouchCD.
Download TouchCD 0.0.2 [2.MB] Windows installation program.
Once downloaded, Open/Run the installer.
Being an Open Source product, the source code [15KB] is freely available for those who wish to see or use it.
Please see the included GPL license below for terms.